Saturday, June 25, 2011

Psalm 8

" When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?" Psalm 8:3-4




One of the very first Psalm chapter to be memorized by my children was Psalm 8. I love the assurance and the Majesty expressed by the words of king David. It is a comforter to know that we serve a God that is sovereign and all power.


This illustration is again a little different than most of my children's illustrations. I am always wanting to try something new....a new approach... in drawings and painting . I am discovering that i like a the soft side a lot. I think it tells a lot about the picture mood. As you can see , i did not use black and did not highlight the edges. I worked mostly with the shadows . In my mind this is a evening were the moon was full and bright, just like when I was a child growing up in Brazilian farm land.... the moon seemed always brighter there than here and now.*grin*

I would love to hear from you with your honest feedback. What do you think? Is it too light, muddier, or it soft and fits the story?


**I still can not see my followers and nor can I follow others. I am not sure what to do. I can visit and leave comments but this is so upsetting to me.



. It is available here



Have a blessed weekend!!!!





4 comments:

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Pat,

What a sweet painting! I really like the softness, and how you edged without using darker lines. It reminds me of an old-fashioned story book.

Love,

Marqueta

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet one....I love all the work you do, and being the latent artist that I am, I cannot offer any good advice, only praise for the attempts that you are so courageous to try. I too love the softer look and I think that this piece is proof once again that you are moving towards another style that I feel has an even more PROFESSIONAL quality to it!!!! I do agree that the softer lines add a sense of whimsy and ethereal suggestions that I do believe are what I would prefer. KEEP GOING DEAREST!!!! LOVE YOU, Nita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And it is such a blessing to see your lovely light and HIS presence through YOUR WORK....Tita, thank you for visiting me today! I am enjoying some rest today for I think I over-did it a bit...sending you a photo of me this morning...Nita

jerilanders said...

I do like the softness of the painting and think, that if you were to add any black lines it might defeat the purpose. However, I would add maybe one more layer of color to intensify ( just a wee bit) the folds in the curtains and on the bottom of the curtains. More shadow beneath and behind the dog and the childs feet. And deepen the shadows of the trees along the edges. Did you ever see the illustrations of Eloise Wilkin? She was one of my favorites as a child and did the artwork for many of the little Golden books. her work had a soft and delicate feel to it and really impressed me at a young age. I still love her work. See if you can find her books, I think you will love her work.

PS. I really like this piece and the sky is beautiful!

 
Design by Lawnydesigns